Architectural CAD Drafter/Plans Manager
Reports to: Plans Department Manager
Summary of Job Duties:
The position of Architectural CAD Drafter/Plans Manager resides in the Plans Department with respect to residential architecture. This position is responsible for the timely and accurate execution of architectural drawings and revisions. Project management skills are required for the success in this position, as well as the ability to interface with engineering, permits, production, and management on all levels, as well as research, develop and design of new plans.
• Draft and revise residential home construction plans according to local jurisdictions and I.R.C. code compliance. Complete any redlines from city, county or other jurisdictions in order to receive building permits.
• Manage the status of plans in drafting or revision queues including ones that are outsourced, with senior managers for approvals.
• Provide Plans Department Manager with regular status updates, changes to schedules, and any changes that will impact other aspects of production output.
• Communicate and notify vendors and production staff of changes to plans when they occur. Coordinate new plans with HVAC, electrical, cabinet vendors, etc.
• Work with production teams to move the construction process forward to meet scheduling deadlines.
• Create and design of new products based on current targeted market’s trends
• Perform site feasibility for different jurisdictions as required
• Other duties as requested
Reports to: Operations Manager
This position would be responsible for managing and development of projects associated with land planning specific to home product layouts, preliminary short plat and subdivision designs, engineering administration with various consultants, development of onsite drainage designs both for the overall project and onsite lot criteria, as well as the other associated utility designs as required by the various municipalities. This position would be responsible for working with the Land Team as directed in the preparation and approvals of these tasks.
It is the intent that the Civil Engineer would have the initial and primary responsibility for creating land plans, conceptual engineering and product layout, working closely with the Land Team, the Partners, and other departments. The position would work with staff members during the feasibility of projects while in the process of acquisition. This would include land use, preliminary designs, product layouts, and utility research to serve the property.